If you want to deposit funds to a Bitso account from Citibank, make sure to follow the steps below.
Add a new recipient
1. Have the wire instructions on hand.
First of all, make sure to authorize the account you want to receive the deposit from. Once you do this, the wire instructions will appear.
Whether you want to receive a deposit from a third party or from your own US-based account, make sure to follow the instructions. Remember all the information contained in the instructions is unique for each authorized account and non-transferable.
Have the instructions on hand until the last step, you’ll need them.
2. Sign in to your Citibank’s account.
3. Select “Payments & Transfers” and then choose “Any External Account”.
4. Select “Add a New Payee”.
5. In “Select money to a business”, choose “A business” and complete the fields with the information from the wire instructions.
In “Bank Location”, select “United States”. Then, in “Send options”, select “Electronic Transfer”. After that, enter the wire routing number.
In the “Special Instruction (Optional)” field, enter the code provided in the wire instructions. Chase states this is optional, but entering the code is mandatory for the wire to be received. If it’s unfilled, the wire will be rejected and the bank may charge fees.
Once you’ve completed each field, consider reviewing it to make sure all is correct, check the box “Yes, it is correct.” and then select “Add”
Wire the funds to the added account
1. Select “Pay now” and choose the account you just added
Enter the amount you want to transfer and confirm the date. After that, select “Next”.
IMPORTANT: In the “Special instruction” field, enter the code provided in the wire instructions. Citibank states this is optional, but entering the code is mandatory for the wire to be received. If it’s unfilled, the wire will be rejected and the bank may charge fees.
2. Review all the information entered. If everything is right, select “Send”.
3. You’re done! You’ll receive the funds in your Bitso account in an average of 6 business hours (it may take up to 48 business hours).