Before you send wires, bear in mind:
- Your wire will be processed by Circle Internet Financial Ltd, Bitso’s licensed partner that processes USD payments. That is why the deposit will appear under Circle International Financial Ltd name.
- Most US banks charge between 20 and 30 USD to send a domestic wire from one bank to another. Bitso only charges 12 USD per wire. The recipient will receive the total amount minus the fee. However, some recipient banks charge to receive wires.
- Bank processing time takes an average of 6 business hours (can take up to 48 business hours).
- You must authorize the account from which you want to send wires: How to authorize a US-based account
How to send wire transfers?
1. Select “Send”.
2. Choose “Domestic wire”.
3. Authorize the account from which you want to receive wires. Fill in all the information and select “Authorize”. If you already authorized the account, you will see a list of the authorized accounts.
4. Make sure all the recipient’s information is correct, enter the amount to send, and select “Confirm”.
5. Your payment was sent!
Circle Financial Ltd will take up to 48 business hours to process the outgoing wire. It may take longer on holidays and weekends. Once Circle Financial Ltd processes it, the recipient bank may take some more time to direct it to the receiver’s account.
Once the payment is sent, you will receive emails with the detailed status of the wire.
- Generated: The wire transfer was generated correctly
- Processing: The wire transfer has already been sent and the recipient bank may take up to 48 business hours to confirm it.
- Failed: There was an error while sending the wire transfer. Contact Help Center to solve it.
- Returned: The wire transfer was returned to your account.
- Sent: The wire transfer was sent. However, the recipient bank may take some more time to credit it.