What is ATOM?
ATOM is the native token of the Cosmos network, a next-generation blockchain platform that aims to solve interoperability issues between blockchains. The Cosmos network uses a modular blockchain architecture called Tendermint Core, which allows different blockchains to interact with each other.ATOM is used as a payment system to validate transactions and secure the Cosmos network through a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) system. ATOM holders also have voting rights in the governance of the Cosmos network, allowing them to propose and vote on changes to the platform.
What makes it unique?
- ATOM is the native token of the Cosmos network, which enables interoperability between blockchains.
- ATOM is used to secure the network and process transactions.
- ATOM holders can participate in transaction validation and vote.
- There is no minimum amount for staking ATOM.
- ATOM is also used to pay transaction fees and access services and applications on the Cosmos network.
- The Cosmos network is capable of processing around 10,000 transactions per second.
The main purpose of the ATOM token is to fuel the Cosmos network. This network seeks to solve the problem of the lack of interoperability between blockchains, which makes it difficult to transfer digital assets and communication between different applications and protocols. The Cosmos platform allows developers to create and connect other blockchains by creating "Zones" and "Hubs."